Developed by Rocksteady Studios, Batman: Arkham City expands on the dense universe and elaborate atmosphere of Batman: Arkham Asylum by immersing players in the heart of Arkham City, a high security district intended to welcome thugs, gangsters and other sick minds from the city.
This highly anticipated sequel features an all-new storyline set within the walled walls of a sprawling Gotham City neighborhood and revolves around a new cast of famous characters and super-villains from the Batman universe.
This second installment also expands with a plethora of new and improved gameplay features to provide players with the ultimate experience in the Dark Knight universe.
- Play as the Dark Knight - Batman: Arkham City delivers a realistic experience as Batman with elaborate gameplay compelling at every level: awesome street brawls, harrowing stealth mode, exhaustive forensic investigation, epic encounters with villains, and unexpected glimpses into Batman's tortured mind.
- Improved FreeFlow Combat System - Batman must deal with highly organized and simultaneous multiple attacks from Arkham gangs, equipped with heavy weaponry and further improved AI. But Batman is no slouch with twice the combat animations and a doubled range of attacks, counters, and holds.
- New Gadgets - Batman has new gadgets, like the Cryptographic Sequencer V2 and Smoke Bombs, as well as new features for existing gadgets, thus increasing his possibilities without weighing down his multi-function belt.
- New Story - Five-time Emmy-Award winner Paul Dini returns with a never-before-seen story for Batman: Arkham City that will take players deep into the ravaged heart of Gotham.
- Arkham Has Been Relocated - Following the closure of Arkham Asylum and Blackgate Prison, Gotham's new Mayor, Quincy Sharp, has ordered the transfer of all inmates to Arkham City, a massive new super -prison five times larger than Arkham Island, which encompasses many industrial districts, places of worship, and symbolic monuments of Gotham.
- Wide cast of characters - Players will encounter many characters from the Batman universe, such as Catwoman, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, Hugo Strange, Victor Zsasz, The Calendar Man, The Joker, The Riddler, and other iconic characters yet to be revealed.
- Neat voice acting - Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy reprise their respective roles as The Joker and Batman in the original English version.
- Play as Catwoman - Catwoman is a fully playable character with a storyline of her own within the Batman: Arkham City storyline. His attack combos and gadgets are designed to provide a rich and unique gaming experience.